The metro is available from both airports. From Dulles, take the Silver line downtown to Gallery Place and transfer to the Yellow or Green line to College Park. From DCA, take the Yellow line to College Park. The fare during peak hours (5:00am – 9:30am & 3:00pm – 7:00pm) is a maximum of $6 and the fare during off peak hours (9:30am – 3:00pm & 7:00pm – 11:30pm) is a maximum of $3.85.
College Park is served by two Metro stations via the green line: College Park-UMD (4931 Calvert Rd) and Greenbelt (5717 Greenbelt Metro Dr). Both stations are a long distance from the conference venue, so you might want to take a hotel shuttle or taxi from these stations to the hotel. The following hotels offer a complimentary shuttle from the College Park Metro:
- The Hotel at University of Maryland, daily 7am – 11pm. (The shuttle makes hourly stops throughout the day at the Metro, or guests are welcome to call ahead to schedule a pick-up.)
- College Park Marriott Conference Center, M – Thu 7:00am – 9:00pm; Fri – Sat 7:00am – 10:00pm. (Please call ahead to schedule a pick-up)
- Holiday Inn Express College Park, M – Fri – 7:30am – 9:00pm and no weekend shuttle service. (Please call ahead to schedule a pick-up)
- Holiday Day Inn College Park, M – Fri – 7:00am – 9:30pm and no weekend shuttle service. (*prefers to pick up at Greenbelt - Please call ahead to schedule a pick-up)
- Hampton Inn College Park, provided upon request pending shuttle availability M-F and no weekend shuttle service. (Please call ahead to schedule a pick-up.)
To see the current green line metro schedules, visit https://www.wmata.com/.
Taxi options are available from Dulles International Airport, Reagan National Airport, and Baltimore-Washington International Airport. Further information about fares from Dulles and Reagan are available in the files below; for BWI, see here.
Go Airport Shuttle service is available from all 3 airports. The phone number to book directly is +1-773-363-0001. Alternatively, visit the website for Dulles, the website for Reagan, or the website for BWI.
Metrobus routes that run near and through campus include:
The Route 1 Ride
The Route 1 Ride offers transportation along the Route 1 corridor from College Park to Mount Rainier, the Route 1 Ride is an enhanced bus service operated by the Prince George’s County Department of Public Works & Transportation. The Route 1 Ride makes it easy to travel to the College Park Metro Station, IKEA, or any of the great restaurants and shops along the corridor. For more information, please visit www.route1ride.org.