Here are the changes you can expect to see from May 25 to mid-August (see map on the UMD website):
- Campus Drive will be closed from Paint Branch Drive to Regents Drive for Purple Line construction.
- Campus Drive will be closed from Regents Drive to Union Lane for Purple Line construction.
- Fieldhouse Drive will be closed in the area south of Riggs Alumni Center for utility construction.
- Stadium Drive between Paint Branch Drive and Engineering Drive is already closed for construction of the Zupnik Hall engineering building and will remain closed during the summer and beyond.
- Regents Drive Garage will be closed for repairs (beginning June 5). DOTS has directed employees that park in the garage to park in their closest faculty/staff overflow lot.
- Vehicle detours will be in place. Please follow the linked map for details.
- Pedestrian detours will be required in many places. All pedestrian detours will be ADA-compliant. For maps of Pedestrian detours please see: map (2023-05-04) and map (2023-06-26) on the UMD website.
Tips for success
- Enter and exit campus from University Boulevard (Maryland Route 193) at the intersections with Paint Branch Drive (near the XFINITY Center), Stadium Drive (near The Clarice) or Campus Drive/Adelphi Road (near UMGC).
- Allow extra time to travel around campus. Your typical routes around campus may be closed and detours are likely to add additional travel time.
- Information regarding closures and detours is available on the Purple Line website. Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you have specific questions about guidance for your event or camp.
If you have questions or encounter issues while traveling around campus, please contact email@example.com or 301-405-2222.