Texas A&M University
Bryan, Round Rock, Houston, or Dallas, TX
The Department of Medical Education at Texas A&M University College of Medicine is currently recruiting a full-time, Non-Tenure Track Instructional Associate or Assistant Professor (20%) and Assistant Director of Assessment & Psychometrics (80%). The Instructional Assistant/Associate Professor (20%) will teach and advise in the Education for Healthcare Professions (EDHP) Master’s degree program and support student medical education research both within courses and as a mentor within the M.D. degree program. The Assistant Director will provide leadership for the assessment team. The position is responsible for effectively collaborating and communicating with multiple stakeholders across a multi-campus institution to create, implement, lead, and maintain an assessment program for the college that provides critical data for evaluation of the medical school curriculum by ensuring that students achieve the medical school’s programmatic objectives.
Opportunities are available to be a part of a growing academic enterprise to include medical education research, Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI), and program evaluation. Both the academic department and the Office of Evaluation and Assessment are actively involved in these endeavors.
- Competitive salary and fringe benefit packages
- Research and teaching opportunities
- Career development and mentorship programs
- Collaborative opportunities throughout the Texas A&M Health Science Center
- Teach and supervise graduate students, medical students,
residents and other trainees in medical education research,
assessment, data analytics, and psychometrics.
- Teach and advise in the Education for Healthcare Professions (EDHP) program
- Attend and participate in related departmental and medical school administrative and committee activities
- Provide guidance and leadership around assessment for the
College of Medicine curriculum and programs
- Collaborate and consult with medical education leadership, curriculum committee, faculty and staff to develop and implement a high-quality assessment program.
- Complete independent and collaborative analyses as needed for reporting; Develop, refine and facilitate processes for analyzing and responding to data; prepare and maintain data (in databases and spreadsheets) such that they are appropriate for historical and comparative analyses.
- Provide supervision and guidance to the assessment team. Direct staff, setting performance standards and accountabilities. Provide leadership for the office along with and in absence of the Associate Dean.
- Conduct medical education research (including designing protocols, data collection, and record maintenance) and disseminate research findings through presentations and manuscripts.
- Plan, direct, and implement a program of assessment that includes conducting psychometric analyses and statistical analyses
- Manage the Question Review Committee and provide data and analyses as determined by expertise and committee request
- Conduct needs assessment regarding the efficacy and needs of the assessment program
- Collaborate with faculty to ensure timeliness of grades and the grades being released to students
- Oversee all aspects of exam building and exam ordering
- Ensure compliance with LCME and SACS accreditation requirements
- Comparability of campuses, tracks, and distinctions
- Oversight of the Program Evaluation and Assessment Committee (PEAC) and the 4 Year Curriculum and Outcome Review Task Force
- Serve as ex-officio member to the Curriculum Committee and subcommittees
- Pursue opportunities to obtain funding
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Terminal degree (M.D., Ph.D., Ed.D., etc.) in Higher Education, Health Professions Education, Educational Psychology, Educational Leadership, statistics, or a similar field
- Two years of experience with quantitative data analysis
- Familiarity with assessment methods;
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to plan and organize effectively
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Medical education experience preferred
Interested applicants must apply through the Texas A&M University faculty job board hosted by Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/108657 and upload the following: 1) Cover Letter and 2) Curriculum Vitae.
For further information, please contact Dr. Kevin Kidder at email@example.com
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Texas A&M University is committed to enriching the learning and working environment for all visitors, students, faculty, and staff by promoting a culture that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, and accountability. Diverse perspectives, talents, and identities are vital to accomplishing our mission and living our core values.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer committed to diversity.