Assessment Specialist, Test Publishing
Ongoing review of applications.
Who We Are: It all starts with purpose.
We are a purpose-driven nonprofit with a dynamic staff culture.
With a meaningful purpose, motivated staff and excellent benefits, working here will definitely have you smiling! The ADA’s headquarters is located just steps from Chicago’s Magnificent Mile and close to public transportation. With more than 400 colleagues, the ADA Staff are some of the most talented people in the Chicago, Washington D.C. and Maryland area.
We were named a Top Workplace by the Chicago Tribune in 2019 and 2021!
Come join our team!
This position has primary responsibility for the test production and test publication activities essential to testing programs implemented by the Department of Testing Services (DTS). Responsibilities include: editing and format test questions in accordance with volunteer input and in alignment with department and governing body item development guidelines; maintaining the item bank and corresponding stimulus materials (e.g. clinical images, radiographs, 3D models, photographs, drawings); creating test forms and confirm functionality; provide deliverables to testing vendors for test publishing and adhere to test publishing schedules; develop, maintain, and implement standard procedures and pursue quality assurance measures to ensure high-quality testing programs.
This position is subject to funding and annual renewal; funded by JCNDE R & D budget 240269.
This position may be remote.
- BS/BA with a minimum of 3 years of work experience which includes working on projects independently in a fast paced environment.
- Strong experience in writing and editing.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to balance multiple projects
- Be able to coordinate test development and test publishing activities with psychometrics and Test Administration units
- Ability to plan and prioritize.
- Must be attentive to detail and ability to balance multiple projects.
- Excellent oral/written communication; presentation; problem-solving; analytical and organizational skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Nice to Have:
- Prior experience working with item banking software or databases
- Experience building and constructing tests, especially national high-stakes examinations
- Experience in test publishing with computer-based testing vendors.
- Experience designing, conducting, and implementing quality assurance procedures.
- Knowledge of dentistry and graphics/imaging software.
- Basic understanding of item performance statistics.
Just a few of the benefits offered to employees:
- Remote/Hybrid Work Schedule
- Health insurance
- Dental Reimbursement
- Ample Paid time off
- Flexible Spending Account
- Life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid Parental Leave
- Pet Insurance
- Student Loan Refinance
- 2 days off to work at a charity event of your choice
The American Dental Association is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. The American Dental Association is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities