The Psychometric Society is seeking applications and nominations for the position of book review editor of its journal Psychometrika. Psychometrika is devoted to the development of psychology as a quantitative rational science, including the advancement of theory and methodology for behavioral data analysis in psychology, education, and the social and behavioral sciences generally. The journal is published four times a year, in March, June, September, and December, and contains articles on the development of quantitative models of psychological phenomena, as well as statistical methods and mathematical techniques for evaluating psychological and educational data. Psychometrika is currently produced and distributed by the Psychometric Society, via an arrangement with Springer Science+Business Media (formerly Springer-Verlag), New York.
The Book Review Editor would serve a four-year term, beginning July 1, 2019, or earlier.
The Book Review Editor is responsible for the following:
- Identify newly released books on quantitative methods that would be of interest to readers of Psychometrika and reflect diverse topics.
- Obtain books to be reviewed by requesting them from the publisher. (Books are often sent by publishers for review consideration.)
- Maintain a list of books available for review.
- Appoint individuals to review books. These may be individuals who volunteer or those solicited by the editor to review books.
- Ensure copies of the book are sent to the reviewer.
- Evaluate the review in regard to its content, accuracy, quality, and length.
- Oversee any revisions of the book review.
For more information on book reviews in Psychometrika
, see here
The application deadline is April 30, 2019. A statement of interest and a CV should be submitted here.